Sunday, March 2, 2008

It is March 2008. . .WOW!!!!!

HELLLLLO FRIENDS!!!!!

It's been 10 months since I posted last. We've been busy and I've not been knitblogging like I should. I have been knitting like a madwoman though.

We launched out with a 'church plant' from our home church Cascade Community Church. Crosswater Community Church started up this summer in Sultan, WA. You can listen to podcasts of our sermons on iTunes.

We are expecting our 4th son in August.....we're due May 14th!!! He's growing like crazy and in about 10 weeks I will be able to adorn him with all his knit goodies. I may post pictures here of his layette, but he has his own blog: http://www.ezraaaron.blogspot.com. I am sewing a quilt and other things for him. His knit items will be here on this blog for sure.

So I put my needles to where my last blog was. I finished some stuff. I am still not stoked on finishing projects, but it does justify being able to start new projects and buy new materials....so I persevere in 'finishing' what I start. I have finished a bunch of projects because I am 7+ months pregnant and I'm knitting for our baby. I try to knit in the evenings, no late night cleaning for this woman this pregnancy. Felted Mary Janes, I renamed this pair of keen inspired baby shoes 'Mary Anns' after my grandma Mary Ann. I needed to felt the shoes a bit more, but I got impatient. They turned out really cute and I think they will fit well. I made these for my niece Isabella due March 13th....she'll be here soon, hallelujah! I included in the picture the packaging and gift card.....

Isabella Sophia's baby kimono, I love, love, love the baby kimono from The Mason Dixon Knitting Companion

I used brown wool my good friend Chris bought for me in Ireland. You cannot see the lovely variagated-ness of this brown wool. I added orange panels in the back section because I was winging the gauge. I am really glad I added them because it adds an amazing color work and actually works like a gusset.


See the little black snaps. I used a cool snap tool called The SnapSetter. The snaps were a little tight, but after sewing in numerous snaps by hand with mediocre results. I am really glad I bought the SnapSetter. It was under $15 at Pacific Fabrics for the start up kit and an extra pack of really cool black flat snaps.
Adorable little boot booties for my friend's baby's.....made from chunky wool, gorgeous espresso brown color. I am going to try to find some sort of slipper grip stuff for the bottom that is clear or ??? Email me if you have any suggestions.
psalm333@comcast.net
Here are some newborn baby socks I made from a generic sock pattern. You can make it for any size foot. It takes a bit of time to make sure the sock is shaped correctly. I wrote down the pattern for this sock. I will post it someday, maybe next fall.......or sooner......... my new friend Teresa, the owner of Country Yarns in Snohomish folded one of the socks down. I think it looks cute that way.
A Nifty Knitter hat in wool easy chunky yarn. My oldest son Sage made this for his new brother due in May. He made an adult hat from the same yarn for his Daddy.
Ezra Aaron's newborn hat made from Darkhorse yarn. It's acrylic but very soft. I like natural fibers. . .animal or plant fiber.
Ezra's baby cardigan. I finished the button bands and cut the sweater up the front through the purl stitch I installed. I learned this technique from the Philosopher's Wool Company Fair Isle knitting video. (The DVD is The Original Two Handed Fair Isle and Other Stories)
I learned two handed knitting from this tape, too. I use the two handed knitting technique when knitting stripes, every time. This allows me to weave/knit in the new color and weave/knit out the old color. It's fun because it looks impressive/difficult. Once you learn to two hand knit, it's as easy as breathing. It's handy because you don't have to do any finish work where you changed colors. You just clip the end an inch long and then the magic of wool fiber occurs. The fibers become fabric as they marry. (Sounds so jolly) Click on the word Philosopher's Wool above and check it out for yourself.

So Ezra's button bands were pretty solid, but the right hand side started to come loose even after I went over it with a sewing machine stitch. I will post a picture of it when I have completed a fabric trip I am using to cover the imperfect button band join.

I cannot wait to see our little guy in this cardigan. So cute.

One other part of Ezra's layette is his basket weave afghan I am knitting for him. 96 stitches on size 15 circulars. I am almost half way done after last night's Knit Out at Country Yarns in Snohomish. This was the only project I worked on all night. I am hoping to finish this blanket before knitting on something else, but I don't know if I have that sort of will power.

So, I guess that's all for now. I will post again, before 10 months go by. I will be non existent after Ezra is born, basking in baby love. Oh I cannot wait!!!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: